After 40 years touring the globe as a cricketer and commentator, Sir Ian Botham’s travels have taken him to wineries and vineyards in over 15 countries. On each tour he religiously made sure he visited new, interesting wineries and locations to improve his knowledge and awareness.
If you share Sir Ian’s passion and love of wine, you can now join his exclusive wine club. Membership gives you access to the “hidden gem wineries” that Sir Ian has discovered during his many years of touring and commentating in Australia and New Zealand. Wines that he now serves on his own table at home.
Involved in every aspect, Sir Ian has worked passionately with winemakers to create bespoke blends to his exacting standards. This has sometimes involved going through as many as three hundred options before a blend was approved. In his words, “only when a wine is good enough to go on my table”, would Sir Ian allow his name to go on the label.
As a member, you will receive invitations to tastings with Sir Ian Botham. During these “invitation only” events you will be able to meet Sir Ian and taste wines he has personally selected. You will also receive a quarterly newsletter from Sir Ian including tasting notes and the background story on the wineries he has selected. And there is free delivery and a 10% discount on wines you choose from www.bothamwines.com
You will receive;
- A mixed case of 12 bottles of wine delivered every three months
- Deliveries May, August, November and February
- 10% discount at www.bothamwines.com
- Invitations to wine tasting functions hosted by Sir Ian Botham
- Comprehensive tasting notes from Sir Ian
- Bespoke recipes from Britain’s top chefs matched perfectly with the wine
- Free Delivery
How it works
(1) £40 membership fee + £95 first payment
(2) we then deliver your first 12 bottles of wine
(3) £95 auto payment per three months thereafter
(4) you will then receive 12 bottles as per Ts&Cs